Steve MorganExecutive Director Asia
Steve Morgan is a partner and co-chair of the Los Angeles Employment Law Department of Corpus Juris, where he has practiced since 1991. Mr. Morgan represents employers in all aspects of employment law in industries including retail, technology, manufacturing, entertainment, finance, insurance, health care, real estate, hospitality, and many others.
Mr.Morgan co-chairs the firm’s nationwide Wage and Hour practice group. He focuses his practice on defending complex class and PAGA representative actions.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of Northern California Air Company in a case alleging that breaks were not duty free and uniform donning and doffing time was unpaid; denial of certification affirmed on appeal.
- Defeated class certification and PAGA representative status on behalf of Media Games, Inc. in a case claiming that warehouse workers were not paid for all time worked and should be provided “suitable seats.”
- Won summary judgment for Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC in a PAGA “suitable seats” case involving thousands of employees who worked in various retail stores throughout California; unanimously affirmed on appeal.
- Won summary judgment for Virgin Airlines in a nationwide class action challenging the industry-wide practice of not paying wages to flight attendant trainees.
- AAJ Lifetime Achievement Award
- “The Man in the Arena” Award – April 2013
- The Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame 2012
- merican Association for Justice Heavy Lifting Award
Selected Reading on the Topic of Focus Groups:
Uses of Focus Groups in Litigation Research
By Jill Peterson Holmquist, J.D., Richard Jenson and Martin Q. Peterson, Ph.D.